Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kicking off the new year


What a great way to start 2012 with a big win in the bowl game for the Gators against Ohio State! Dubbed the Urban Meyer bowl - he was our coach (a great one at that - 2 national Championships) then he waffled about quitting for a year, and then finally quit siting health and family. Nine months later he is taking another coaching job at Ohio State. WTF? I now call him Benedict Arnold, or just plain old, "the traitor". Left our program upside down, but we have a great coach now in Will Muschamp and I believe given some time he will get the Gators back to SEC championships and in the title hunt for the BCS.


                                        A little jaunt in the Carolina woods on New Years Day

Now on to the biking. I was lacking the last half of 2011 with the blog, I think mostly due to my lack of riding from injuries, illnesses, and my surgery. I've been updating my page and will do my best to keep the blog posts coming in 2012. My training has been going great - I'm still slow as all get out, but the weight is shedding and I'm getting my workouts in. Feels great being healthy and pushing it again!


For 2012, I'm going to be doing some racing on the single speed mountain bike. That's right, one gear. No, I have not lost my mind. It is actually really fun. You have to carry momentum and just charge it, there is no cruising or downshifting to spin easily. I'll be racing all the Southern Classic Races in the SS (single speed) class. Stay tuned for the secret weapon I'll be unveiling for my domination, err destruction (possibly self). Some new space age materials from my sponsor Trek and some crazy ultralight bling from Industry Nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment