Sunday, January 22, 2012

Just another day in the office.....

The weather here in good old NC has been horrible. Well, let me rephrase. We have been having a really mild winter for the most part, so it hasn't been bad, but the last couple of days have been cold and rainy. I don't mind riding in the cold or the rain, but not together. No bueno. So I have been spending a lot of time in "my office".

Gotta get the rides in somehow. Now, those of you who knew me when I was a Banker may remember that I don't like spending to much time in the office. Well, nothing has changed. Sitting still and riding is torture. I'd rather lay down face first in a fire ant pile. I can withstand some time on the stationary bike, but doing an endurance ride (think 2-4 hours) is murder for me. Got to suck it up though. Either that or be slow come Spring, and being slow isn't in the forecast.

Now, I don't really make a living riding the bike. I know, your shocked right now. Take a minute and collect yourself. I do work part time in the cycling industry at the Trek store of Charlotte, but most of you know that  my day job has really been this:
This is an old picture, but you get the idea. Call me Mr. Mom, stay at home dad, domestic dan, or captain of the poopy diaper. Just don't call me a bad Dad. I have been unbelievably blessed to get this opportunity to spend with my son. I have never taken it for granted and will cherish it the rest of my life. We have day after day of moments like the above picture. Are there challenging moments? Sure, but they don't nearly come close to all the good ones. I have had some people look down their nose at me when I tell them about staying home with my son. That's a shame. Most Dad's don't get an opportunity like this, and probably fewer would want it. Your missing out, this is what it's all about.

I got a little sentimental in this post, but once in a while it's gotta be done. I'll leave you with the view from my office.


No comments:

Post a Comment