Thursday, December 22, 2011

You Don't Wanna Race Me in 2012!!!!!


The stomach flu is gone. My head and chest cold has packed it's bags. My old back is more limber and flexible, and my hernia is fixed. Adios 2011 - you kicked me in the balls the last 6 months and I'm over you! The work has already started. Pedaling drills, tempo rides, force reps, hills, core and strength training, and some long base miles. Additionally and most importantly, I got back to eating right. Check into the Paleo diet, and if your an athlete like me - the Paleo diet for athletes. Fruit, veggies, lean meat and fish is the basics of it. Sticking to it at about 85% right now and that gets better every day. I have never had this kind of focus during the winter in previous years. I think it's because I'm really pissed off. Mad that I missed a lot of key races being injured and sick. Upset that I lost my fitness. Sick and tired of sitting around reading about my friends killing it at races. I have a huge fire burning in my belly to light it up this year! So, like I said, you don't want to line up next to me in 2012 because I'm gonna be ready. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment