Friday, February 10, 2012

What would you do?

What would you do with a broke rib, yet the pain tolerance to be able to ride? I'm considering hitting the mountain bike trails this weekend. I've been riding the bike for a week now - all on the road or the trainer so far. Yes, the rib and area around it hurts when riding, but it's manageable at this point. Actually swinging my leg over the bike when I get on is the worst part. Most people would probably have been resting this past week, but I'll point you towards my 2012 motto:

 My thought is to hit a local trail that is on the smoother and buffer side of the spectrum. Don't want to be dealing with lots of roots and rocks. Either Lake Norman or Sherman Branch sound like good options for me. Both are pretty flowy and buffed out.


Other biking options this weekend could include heckling all the suckers, I mean racers at the Winter Short Track Series. I don't usually race this series, mostly because my "coach" has me doing lower intensity stuff this time of the year. I think next year I may try a couple as they look like fun. Our shop, Coolbreeze/Trek Store team is doing very well. They are in first place in points and this weekend is the last race. One of my buddies, George Balfanz is winning the Sport class. Hope you kill it this weekend Georgie and take the win! Don't get a big head and think this means I'm not going to catch you in the summer series though! Good luck to all the folks racing, and I hope the Coolbreeze team takes the overall win. Want to see what the Winter Short Track is all about? Check it out right here: http://www.charlottemtnbike.com/short-trackhome.htm

Stay tuned on Monday for the complete unveiling of the new mean machine, secret weapon, or as I like to call it "Orange Crush". Why call it "Orange Crush"? Partly because I'm a gonna crush some fools on it like Mr. T crushes eggs, and partly because it's, well, orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment