Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Singlespeed a Paloza

2012 Singlespeed-a-Palooza brought to you by Darkhorse Cycles and Niner Bikes will be held on Sunday April 29, 2012.
The areas only all singlespeed event!
Singlespeed-a-Palooza will consist of two 12 mile laps.
All categories start promptly at 9:00am no exceptions
This event is pre-reg only!!! no race day registration!!!! limited to 250 entrants!!!
Race course will feature the same great rolling stewart terrain! a singlespeed dream!!
Come out and race or come out and just ride to have fun.
Wow, this event sold out in less then a day! I figured I had a couple days since it took a couple weeks last year to sell out. I'm glad this event is so popular and sold out quick, but I missed out on signing up. Got on the wait list, I'm not expecting any openings but you never know - maybe I'll get lucky? Thought it might be a fun road trip for Snug and I to take. Figured we could make a journey out of it and stop at a bunch of epic riding spots on the way up and the way back. Perhaps maybe here:
That's Massanutten in Virginia - in case you were curious. I'll be all over the registration next year, like a honey badger on a cobra! For 2012 though I've got to get lucky to be able to race Singlespeed a Paloza. Cross your fingers for me.
I wish we had more races like this, especially in the Southeast or Mid Atlantic. Hopefully the US National Whitewater Center will host the NC Singlespeed State Champs again this year. This was a new event for them last year and I missed out due to my surgery. 
If you have been reading my blog, you heard me mention that I would be doing more racing on the single speed this year. I've ridden SS, but have yet to race on 1 speed yet. I'll talk more about my plans and goals for this season including what races I'll be doing on the SS later this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment