Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Gearing up for a long winter of training



Thought I'd give my competitors the view they will be seeing all next year! If i can ever stay healthy long enough to train that is!

So, there I was with my wife. Both of us so excited as she had the week of Thanksgiving off and her parents were willing to watch junior for a couple days. We were planning our mountain bike assault. Gearing up for 4 days of non-stop riding. I wish I could tell you it was great. Par for the year though, we wake up the day before departing on our trip with sore throats. Turns out all 3 of us had the flu. I was smart enough to go ride the first day anyway. Guess who had it the worst after that? If you guessed me, you win a prize - see me later to claim it! Surgeries, injuries, and illness. What a year - 2012 can't get here fast enough.
I'm way behind in my mind, but actually I think the fitness will come back quick. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed time with family. I know I did, flu withstanding

No comments:

Post a Comment