Monday, May 7, 2012

Trying to get back on the horse

Haven't posted much in a few weeks. I've been all over the place - literally and mentally! Wifey and I went to Canada at the end of March for a little winter getaway and a whole lot of snowboarding. Epic trip, something I'll remember forever. Lots of powder, amazing scenery, great people, and the company wasn't bad either - lol. Here's a shot of where we stayed, downtown Banff:


Like I said, amazing scenery:


 I got to get frosty on some nice steep and deep terrain(I'm the tiny red dot):


Once we got back from Banff I got serious as a heart attack on the bike. Race season was fast approaching and I had a lot of work to do. I've been able to put the work in, but somewhere along the line I just lost my desire to go out and race a bunch. I turned to whitewater kayaking a little more lately. I've got some paddling goals this year as well as mountain bike goals. I'll go over the paddling goals in another post later.

In April, I changed jobs as well. No longer at the Trek Store, I now work at Carolina Bicycle Company in Pineville, NC. They sell Specialized, Giant, Santa Cruz, and Merckx. Was a good move for me as I'm 10 minutes from home - previously I was about 35-40 minutes from work. Stop in and check them out sometime.

Just the other day I felt like racing again finally. I decided I would go for a fairly big event as my first in more then a year. I'm going to race the Tree Shaker Endurance race in late June. It's part of the Turn and Burn Endurance race series. You can check it out here: http://www.turnandburnendurance.com/ Figured it would be a good one to get back into as it's at my local trails 5 minutes down the road. I'm going to prepare from now until then in hopes of doing well - goal as always is a podium. Race is going to shake out around 45 miles and probably slightly over 4 hours of pedaling without a break. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment