Tuesday, September 14, 2010



This is the official start of my blog for the 2011 mountain bike race season. 2010 has been an interesting year and I have come a long way on the bike, but more importantly I have learned a ton. The biggest lessons I have learned:


1. Don't eat a huge meal 2 hours before a XC race(LOL), and


2. Learning how much intensity and volume my body can take before I have to throttle back in my training and preperation, especially during race season! This has been a big and learned the hard way lesson for me - it took trial and error, which had me borderline burned out and overtrained most of the season from June to August. I feel like I have a better plan for next year as far as managing my training/workload and I'll be better prepared before the season starts.





I wanted to give a big Thanks to Trek Bicycles this past year. It has been an honor and a privelage racing on the Trek Coop Team. The Top Fuel 9.9 bike felt like I was cheating most of the time!! Looking forward to being involved with Trek again this upcoming season.

I'd also like to thank everyone at The Trek Store of Charlotte as well - without the help of Jeff, Anthony, and Steve this season would not have been as successful as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment